Two new lines from Rocky Patel Premium Cigars, Inc. are shipping to stores today.
Rocky Patel is celebrating his 25th year in the cigar business with a cigar called Quarter Century. It uses a Mexican San Andrés wrapper over a Honduran binder and Nicaraguan fillers, as well as other fillers that are not being disclosed.
The cigars were aged for two years after rolling and some of the tobacco was aged for 10 years prior to rolling.
It is offered in three sizes.
- Rocky Patel Quarter Century Robusto (5 1/2 x 50) — $12.50 (Box of 20, $250)
- Rocky Patel Quarter Century Toro (6 1/2 x 52) — $13.50 (Box of 20, $270)
- Rocky Patel Quarter Century Sixty (6 x 60) — $14.50 (Box of 20, $290)
Nish Patel, the company’s executive vice-president, told halfwheel that the first shipment of Quarter Century is only a partial shipment, meaning it will only to a small number of the company’s accounts.
All stores that ordered the new Hamlet 2020 will get their orders this week. The newest line from Hamlet Paredes uses an Ecuadorian habano wrapper over a Honduran broadleaf binder and fillers from Honduras and Nicaragua.
- Hamlet 2020 Robusto (5 1/2 x 50) — $10.50 (Box of 20, $210)
- Hamlet 2020 Toro (6 1/2 x 52) — $11.50 (Box of 20, $230)
- Hamlet 2020 Sixty (6 x 60) — $12.50 (Box of 20, $250)
This is the fourth line from Paredes, a renowned Cuban cigar roller who joined the company in 2015.
Patel told halfwheel that the Hamlet 2020 would ship “in full” to all stores this week.